What do children learn?
- Focusing attention, retaining concentration and being less distracted by external and internal triggers.
- To be aware of the ability to express feelings, thoughts and (often unconscious) reactions and to exercise influence on this yourself. “Calm down”, changes into “Have you noticed that there’s unrest?”
- Enhanced resilience and flexibility. Situations don’t always change, but your reaction to them can change substantially. There is always a choice.
- Reinforce self-confidence by not thinking only negatively, or having thoughts such as “I’m not nice/pretty/clever enough”. Children learn how to stop listening to these ‘worry factory’ stories.
- Being kinder to themselves and other people. This reduces bullying.
- To better deal with sad moods.
Want to know more about the ‘Mindfulness Matters’ method?
Want to share this? Use the buttons below.