COURSE TO BECOME A MINDFULNESS
After completing the course Mindfulness Children Trainer, you can specialize further by attending a three-day AMT course to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer. This qualifies you to train adolescents aged 12 to 19 in the Method Eline Snel. There is also the option to do this course without having completed the course to become a mindfulness children trainer. The full course to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer will then take 6 days.
WHY A COURSE TO BECOME A MINDFULNESS ADOLESCENT TRAINER?
A lot of teenagers are experiencing stress nowadays. The pressure to achieve is high. The attention for what is going on in their inner world is rather low. Mindfulness can support them to cope differently with the ‘pressure cooker’ in which they regularly find themselves in. Healthy selfcare, the allowance of emotions and learning how to cope with stress which, will lead to relaxation and insight in automatic reactions to strong feelings and thoughts.
Learning how to respond less judgmental towards yourself and others will create inner peace.
The app Sitting Still is being used daily by many adolescents and their teachers.
How long does the course to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer last?
Study load - Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer
- 16 hours of training at the Academy for Mindful Teaching, including supervision and interim coaching
- 6 hours of mandatory literature study and preparation lessons
- 30 hours of preparation and implementation of an eight-week pilot training course
- 8 hours writing a final thesis
Six day teacher course to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer
- 45 hours of training at the Academy for Mindful Teaching, including pre-interview, supervision, and interim coaching
- 20 hours of mandatory literature study and preparation lessons
- 30 hours preparing and carrying out ten-week pilot training course
- 10 hours writing a final report
Conditions for participation in the course to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer
- Complete the course to become a Mindfulness Children Trainer (only when you want to do the specialization in one weekend)
- Work with adolescents aged 12 to 19 in school, private practice, an institution, or after-school care facilities
- Participate in a quiet retreat of at least five consecutive days to deepen your own Mindfulness practice. This must be completed within two years after starting the course to become a Mindfulness Children Trainer. If you have previously done a five-day Vipassana or similar silent retreat, you can be exempted from this by showing us proof of participation.
After your certification, an annual Post-Academic Day of 6-8 hours is compulsory.
Costs to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer
- Two copies of the Method Eline Snel trainer handbooks, for the 12-14 and 14-19 age groups
- One sample set of material for the adolescents
- AMT PowerPoint presentation for information evenings for parents or colleagues
- Coffee, tea and lunch
It excludes €75 for the supervision interview.
Certification and the frog quality label
Certification as a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer in the Method Eline Snel requires 100% attendance, a completed pilot training, a supervision interview, and an approval and feedback report from your trainer. You’ll receive a certificate and be authorized to use the frog logo in your PR material, website, and correspondence.
You’ll also be added to the Find a trainer page on our website. To keep this active, you’ll need to attend an annual Post-Graduation Day.
It’s worth knowing that the course to become a Mindfulness Adolescent Trainer also counts as a Post-Academic Day!